- a natural inclination and considerable skill at role playing
- great concentration when something interests them
- a love of touching things
- a seemingly boundless amount of physical energy
So we work with these natural learning tools rather than struggle against them.
- All lessons are taught with enthusiasm and a genuine interest in the subject. We believe lessons should be fun, stimulating and challenging.
- Children have the opportunity to explore and work on their own interests and projects during
- Free Choice Periods during each school day.
- Children are encouraged to understand things using all their senses, particularly touching as this natural learning tool helps stimulate vital connections between the hand and the brain.
- Rather than hold back the child’s natural energy we use it in lessons as much as possible.
- Lessons tend to be active, hands on, rather than just passive and abstract.
Role-play or drama plays a key role in all our lessons by helping the children to understand a subject by repeating it in their own language. Similarly role-play, as initiated by the children themselves during play time or free choice, helps the children to make sense of their world and builds important social skills such as learning to share and co-operate with one another.